Your privacy is respected by us.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY Impel Ventures
Personal Information from salon owners
From salon owners, information such as name, address of salon, telephone number, facsimile number, account details, contract information and confidential business information.The personal information collected from salon owners is used for the following:
- day to day business communications with salons;
- providing salon assistance arranging meetings and conferences;
- maintaining account records;
- Providing salon contact details to members of the public.
Personal information from the community
From the community, information such as names, contact details and email addresses of members of the public who contact Impel Ventures with request for information or feedback. The personal information collected from the community is used for the following:
- To respond to those requests;
- To fulfill orders placed with Impel Ventures by any means
- To provide promotional offers, loyalty programs, newsletters and marketing information to members of the public personal information from other third parties such as agents, suppliers and contractors who provide services to Impel Ventures. The personal information collected from other third parties is used to communicate and correspond with such persons or organizations.
HOW DOES IMPEL VENTURES HANDLE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Use and disclosure of information
- Use and disclose personal information about you that is required in the provision of information about or the promotion or delivery of our products or services, administration of Impel Ventures business, business analysis, or to meet any legal obligation imposed on Impel Ventures (Primary Purpose).
- Use de-identified information for any statistical or other analysis or similar research purposes. We may publish or provide this statistical data to other parties.
- We may use personal information collected from you for the purpose of providing you with direct marketing material and information upon your registering your details with us. However if you wish to cease receiving any such information you may let us know either by email or by mail and your request will be looked into within 5 working days.
- Consistent with National Privacy Principle Impel Ventures will only use or disclose personal information about an individual for a Primary Purpose or a purpose other than the Primary Purpose of collection (a Secondary Purpose) if:
- The Secondary Purpose is related to the Primary Purpose of collection and you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the personal information for the Secondary Purpose;
- You have consented to the use or disclosure;
- The use or disclosure is permitted or required under the law;
- We reasonably believe on health or public safety grounds that the information should be used for another purpose; or
- It is otherwise permitted under the National Privacy Principles.
Manner of collection
Impel Ventures receives personal information from salons and other third parties through direct communications with such persons in the normal course of business. Impel Ventures may collect personal information about individuals from third parties but will only do so in accordance with the National Privacy Principles. Information collected on visiting our website when you look at this website, a record is made of your visit and for the purpose of analyzing and evaluating the performance and operation of our website, the following information is logged:
- Your IP address;
- The date and time of your visit to the site;
- The pages you accessed and documents downloaded;
- The previous site you have visited;
- The type of browser you are using.
Storage and data protection
- Personal information is contained both in hard copy and electronic format within the offices of Impel Ventures. Personal information stored electronically is maintained in a secure environment.
- The above records are only accessible to personnel of Impel Ventures who require access to enable them to perform their duties. All personnel have signed Privacy and Confidentiality Agreements binding them to comply with the Privacy Principles.
- We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect through our website is protected from unauthorized access, loss, misuse, disclosure or alteration. Our website has electronic security systems in place, including the use of firewalls. All pages that require you to enter your personal information or payment details on our site, you should look for the padlock icon in your browser.
Links to other websites
Although we offer you access to external websites through the links we have provided, those websites are not subject to our privacy standards, policies and procedures. We recommend that you make your own enquires as to the Privacy Policies of these third parties. Impel Ventures is in no way responsible for the privacy practices of these third parties.
Destruction of records
Impel Ventures will destroy records relating to personal information when such information is no longer necessary to be retained within Impel Ventures’s records. Personal information will be destroyed by shredding or other secure process.
- Impel Ventures is committed to providing those persons whose personal information it holds, a fair and responsible system for the handling of complaints concerning the collection, accuracy or disclosure of personal information.
- Should you have any issues concerning your personal information, those complaints should be addressed to the Privacy Compliance Officer of Impel Ventures at the address given in the website.
- The Privacy Compliance Officer is empowered to deal with all such complaints as expeditiously as possible through Impel Ventures′ complaints handling process